Ball Python | Male Enchi | #004
SPECIAL SHIPPING QUOTE Required
1. ITEM Name/Description
2. ITEM #
3. Complete shipping address with zip code
and we'll get back to you ASAP with your quote.
Note: Available Only For In Store Pick-up. Please contact ahead to ensure any live animals are actively available for sale before visiting if you are intending to purchase a pet. The following page is for reference and we cannot guarantee availability based on the presence of this page. If an animal is unavailable, we will do our best to recommend our next available option.
Pictured is a unique, individual Ball Python. Each of our Ball Pythons are hand picked and photographed so you know what this exact python will look like. Ball Pythons are a medium size python and can grow up to 8 ft long. They typically have a mild temperament, and do not mind being held. They also require fairly simple care and are safe to hold.
Things to Know & Consider owning a Ball Python:
Ball Pythons are subtropical forest snakes that need a mild range of ambient temperature to stay comfortable, and a fair amount of space to grow. Young Ball Pythons can start in a 20 Gallon enclosure, upped to a 40 Gallon enclosure once they have matured into an adult. Ball Pythons usually hide and move throughout the day to adjust their temperature and avoid predators in the wild, so we often recommend at least one cool spot for your snake to be able to stay in, and a place to hide for both the hot and cold areas of your enclosure. Ball Pythons require a higher ambient moisture and daily mistings, and benefit from some mosses in their enclosure that can retain moisture. Forest wood chip bedding or Aspen shavings and ambient decorations such as natural Corkbark, Ghostwood, and other reptile safe stone and wood are great for giving more areas for your snake to move through, hide around, and interact with. Ball Pythons primarily eat feeder rodents such as mice or rats and need a water source from a water dish which should be changed every day.
Info and Facts
- Temperature Requirements:
- Hot Side≈ 85-90 degrees F
- Cool Side≈>75 degrees F
- Ambient Humidity≈ 75% on average
- Lifespan: 20-30 years
- Size: depending on if male or female 8+ ft. at full length (head to tail)
- Diet: in the wild, small live prey such as birds and small mammals. In captivity, live and frozen feeder rodents (up to large rats when fully grown)
- Originates from west Sub Saharan Africa from Senegal, Mali, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Benin, and Nigeria through Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic to Sudan and Uganda. It prefers grasslands, savannas, and sparsely wooded areas.